Bryanna_2_I
The author of the book comments that using a system based design may be seen as "too robotic" by some designers. I actually thought that a system design would be the least robotic, because it takes into account all of the components of the design, rather than emphasizing the individual aspects. Gestalt said, "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts" and I think this is especially applicable to interaction design. The system design not only takes into account the requirements of goals of the system or interface, but the goals of the users, and the goals of the designers. If one of these parts is not working in tune with the others, than the whole system fails. In this respect, I feel like system design would be the most complicated to work with just starting out, but I think that it would be the best way to achieve a goal that is pleasing for all parties involved.
Labels: Bryanna Homeier

1 Comments:
I agree with you that it's probably incorrect to think of system based design as "too robotic." If a designer focused on each individual aspect of its project and made sure that it worked effectively and was simple enough for the user to understand, I don't think it would result in something robotic. I don't think anybody would just exclusively use system design for a project anyway. A little bit of each approach is probably used too make it less robotic.
Post a Comment
<< Home