Monday, January 19, 2009

Scott_1_I

I think in the near future, interaction design will change the way we do everything. If you look at the changes that have already been made then you can get an idea, but I believe even greater changes will be made. The iphone is a good example of this but I think even television will change alot in the near future. But this change, I do not think it will be bad. A lot of people think that people are becoming disconnected from each other because of the decline of "personal" communication. I think the contrary is happening. I think more people are becoming closer. Technology is allowing for people to become "closer" because it seems that people share more of their ideas, feelings, and their life in general through technology because the fear of "personal" communications has become less fearful for alot of people. Through something like facebook, and myspace, you can tell alot about a person that you might not know very well. Through the pictures and videos people upload to the profiles that people maintain. You can get to know someone without having to spend alot of time with that person. So i guess, my idea is that the ever evolving interaction design is only a good thing.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger Wood said...

An idea occurred to me while reading your post. I agree that technology will continue to change on an ever increasing wave. Then it occurred to me, we are starting to faze out buttons. We have touch screen phones, iPods, and now HP has a consumer based touch screen PC. It still comes with a keyboard and mouse but it's possibly a small wave into making PC's more "designer friendly". Many times I have said and thought that it would amazing to have a large screen like the Mac's in our lab to be touch screen so that we could be faster at editing and designing. Final Cut and Photo Shop would be a breeze! It would also cut down the clutter of a key board and mouse. Designing for space should be thought of too, I guess that is what I am saying.

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Evan Bell said...

I agree with you about how people are actually becoming more connected instead of the opposite. I know people who tend to be more introverted in "real life" situations are more extroverted when they're chatting online. While I think there should be a good balance between an online social life and an offline one, I think that it's good that people who normally wouldn't communicate much in "real life" have an outlet on the internet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home