Ben_6_1
One section I found interesting was the part where the book talked about the squint test. I have a friend who is a tattoo artist, one day I asked him how he transformed a picture into a tattoo on someone's body. The way he said he did it was by using the squint test, by squinting his eyes he could see all of the different colors in a section photograph or picture and be able to match his inks to them. This test is useful not only for checking which sections of your design are the most prominent but also which colors in a design are most prominent.
Labels: Ben Friedman

4 Comments:
I thought that was interesting as well. It helps you visualize all of the strong focal points of color and their placement.
I had never heard about the squint test before reading this chapter. After I read about it went to multiple websites to try it out and was surprised with how well it actually works. I may use this while creating projects from now on.
That is really cool to think of the squint test while designing a website. Nearly all of my art teachers squint at a painting while critiquing it in order to see how the colors work with each other. It's a habit of mine that is very consistent when working in the studio, I guess I just never considered it when working on a computer. Hopefully this tactic is just as effective.
The idea is new to me and it sounds interesting. I think I can implement the method when creating new projects from now on.
Post a Comment
<< Home