Monday, February 16, 2009

Bryanna_5_I

I think that planning in interaction design is much like planning in any other discipline.  A lot of times, when I'm writing a paper for an English class, I just kind of dive into it, without planning.  This works for me, but a lot of people cannot put cohesive thoughts together without first making a detailed plan and outline.  The same goes for design work.  Some people find it easier to just start messing around in the software and work out the kinks from there, where other people need to put what they have in their head down onto paper.  In my opinion, it just depends upon the kind of person you are.  

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 10:42 AM, Blogger $eth said...

It's true that it depends on what kind of person you are, but I think one of the most useful things about a sketch is you can show it to others before you've but tons of work into a project. Then you can get some feedback on whether it even makes sense before you even get started.

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Scott Loy said...

I think with interaction design you need some sort plan and outline. Some people might need to have more detailed ones than others. I guess some people might just have to have an idea in their head. I don't know, i'm not everybody, but i think it would be hard to go into something like interaction design without any kind of plan.

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Kirk said...

The thing about papers is that text is much more easily edited than graphics, so sketches/storyboards/etc are that much more important. I mean, I can't even remember the last time I typed out an outline for a paper I wrote, but making an interactive website without loads of stuff written out and preplanned sounds like a complete disaster.

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger Chris Richardson said...

It really does just depend on what works for you. Sometimes planning works, sometimes it doesn't. Experimenting with your design could produce some cool stuff.

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger James said...

Sometimes by trying to work something out in photoshop or flash or whatever, helps you to know if what you're trying to do is even possible. Alot of times ideas sound great on paper but isn't very practical once inside a program.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home