Monday, February 16, 2009

Evan_5_I

It was interesting to read this chapter because I've used some of these diagrams or models to plan out a project. However, they were just to help me out. I never thought about actually using them to present to people as part of a proposal. Usually if I have have a project to do, I just do it. But when you think about it, after we graduate most of us will probably be required to present diagrams like the ones in the book to clients before we start working on getting the actual project done. I'd actually like to see this more in some of our classes. I know some classes require a proposal and/or beta versions of projects to be turned in (like Dr. Dailey's class). It might be a pain for students, but I think if more classes required it, we'd have more practice in how to present interfaces to people/potential clients who aren't as experienced with interaction design as we might be.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Blogger boomerang! said...

I agree. I have a tendency, in classes, to just dive into work and sometimes things can get very confusing, as in, sometimes I can't remember where I was even going with certain ideas. I find that in classes where profs require at least somewhat of a plan that you have to turn in, I am far more organized and end up with less frustration in the end.

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger Wood said...

I agree that it would be a good idea to work with the planning stage more than the final product. How do you explain to a potential client what the final product with be? It's something that is under appreciated; the designing process that is.

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Christian Long said...

I agree with you Kujo. If more time and focus was spent on the designing process, the end product would probably be better and reached quicker. It's kinda of like studying for a test. If you study for a week before the test, you would probably get a better grade than if you just crammed the night before. The same is true for the design process. If you spend a week designing and redesigning, the end product will be better than if you were to just throw something together quickly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home