Monday, February 16, 2009

Scott_5_I

I think the personas and scenarios discussed in the book could turn out to be something that is very useful. It allows you to focus your work on specifics rather than just generalized things. It allows to design for a specific person or rather a type of person alot better than just saying the users, because you need to know how your users think in order to be able to create something that they would want to use.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:17 AM, Blogger Patrick said...

This is interesting, but what if your users are a few different types of people? Do you try find some sort of middle ground to satisfy everyone?

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Scott Loy said...

I think you have to find a middle ground in some senses. Sometimes you can put in more than way to do things. Or just have different ways to satisfy everyone. I'll use the Iphone as an example here. There is not just one age group that uses this product. My father has one and he doesn't know a whole lot about technology but he knows how to use the iphone. People in our age group use it. I think if you have a really good design with the ability to have alot custimization then you won't have to worry so much to find a middle ground.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home