Monday, February 9, 2009

James Frye 4_I

I really identified with the activities Saffer suggested. Whenever designing something I think it's absolutely necessary to come up with some sort of tangible model whether it be a collage, model or just a drawing. Just the process of physically creating something always helps with working out problems that you might not have envisioned while the project was just an idea in your head.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Blogger Christian Long said...

I agree with your point. It's always better to have ideas down on paper or something that is physical to illustrate a point. As you said, the process of doing this can sometimes yield other ideas or things that might not have been thought of. It also helps in putting all the thoughts in your head onto paper, as you would be less likely to forget something. I know if I don't write down the good ideas I have for a project or anything for that matter, I sometimes have a hard time recalling what it was I had come up with.

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Ben Friedman said...

Whenever I put something down on paper it always helps me, not only for coming up with new ideas but also for finding flaws in ideas I already have. I find this the most helpful when I have to deliver a great deal of information in multiple parts. By doing this I can organize information more efficiently and have a better idea of what should go where.

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Wood said...

I have a notebook just for drawing and writing out all my idea's so that I don't have to remember things. It frees up my mind to wonder into the what if I did this and look at it differently. It's also nice to look at other idea's and use them in other projects. Maybe it didn't work in one project but will work in another.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Justin Shimp said...

I agree with all of you. Getting stuff done on paper is so helpful and vital for me to get a product that I am truly satisfied with. Also those ideas seem to be more thought out.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger JGeisler said...

I also agree. Before working on a project it is always a good idea to try to make, at least, a rough model of what your final project will look like. Creating a rough model is a huge part of projects that I undertake so that it will be easier in the end to create the project.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Chris Richardson said...

Visualization is definitely beneficial. It serves as a great stepping stone, even if in the end that idea is not used. I seem to work better when I have some sort of visual reference.

 
At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes the physical creation of an element can later help you mentally construct it. So I totally agree with the idea of constructing some sort of model physically before actually building the project.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home