Sunday, February 8, 2009

Evan_4_I

I liked the tips that Saffer gave for research. It's obvious he knows from experience what works and what doesn't. When we design something, we all probably think we know what works best and our peers might even agree with us. But that's the wrong mindset to take. Like Saffer wrote, we all need to let the people who will ultimately use what we design decide what works and what doesn't. This chapter really drove home for me the importance of research. I'll definitely conduct some user research on the flash site I end up designing for this class.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12:47 AM, Blogger Tetta Oyama said...

I agree with you here. It sounds obvious, but Saffer is definitely making a good point. Why do we produce any products? Obviously, for customers to use!

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Jacob Barnard said...

I think the real issue is "communication." What is pressed at the beginning of the book (and for that matter, in this class) is that ultimately our designed creations facilitate some means of communication directly or indirectly between people.

This implies that there is always a "communicator" and "communicatee which implies there will always be an audience. Thus, we must always consider audience when designing for interaction...

This is a bit of redundancy when considering the material we've covered already, but I thought I would just illuminate the path that this statement was treading.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home