Kirk_5_I
I enjoyed this chapter the most out of all the chapter's we've read so far. If I had to choose which research model I like best, I'd have to go with wireframes and storyboards. I think that a successful wireframe can provide all the information used in a graph, task flow, and task analysis, and put into an easily understood visual model. There would be no use for personas, because each user will ultimately be using the same interface. I also like storyboards because it's an easier way of visually showing the logic behind certain user actions than a wireframe can provide.
Also, does any one else think the "mood board" is a bizarre method for making a research model?
After reading the the end of the chapter about prototypes, I started to think about cell-phone displays. When I have to choose a new phone, I'm much more likely to choose a model that has a fully functional phone on display, rather than the plastic ones with static screens that are typically on display. I wonder why cell phone companies still use the plastic fake phones when cell phones are so cheap already, and people are more likely to purchase a phone they can actually play around with before they buy.

2 Comments:
I think the "mood board" as it was described in the book did seem a little strange. However, the more I thought about it, the more sense it made. I think Saffer was just trying to get at having something you can glance at to remind you of the "mood" of the piece you are working on. Like, perhaps you wouldn't want to be surrounded by bright cheery flowers, puppies & kittens if you're working on a website for a goth metal band. I don't think you'd have to actually MAKE a collage to create a mood, in fact I don't think it would have to be a tangible item at all, it could just be music you are listening to or colors you surround yourself with.
Bryanna, thanks for making more since out of the mood board thing. I couldn't figure out why someone would do this but it has occurred to me that it would help some people who are designing and less visual to "see" it.
Post a Comment
<< Home