Chris_5_I
I liked the section on personas. I think it is quite important to have some sort of idea who may be using your product. If you are designing for a large number of people, it is important to know their interests or preferences for a better understanding of how one will design a product. The author mentions that recording these behavior patterns may help in directing a product design. Saffer also mentions that personas are useless unless you have scenarios. These scenarios provide a sense of how the design will be used.
Labels: Chris Richardson

3 Comments:
I agree. It's always important to think about the user when designing a product. You wouldn't want to design a website for children when adults would be the main users, and vice versa.
I agree to your post. I think that recordings of people’s behaviors can be a huge help when it comes to fixing products for user comfortableness. Creating a larger icon or button that is used the most would be a good example.
Yeah, by understanding who will be using your product, you are able to create something that will suit their needs best or appeal to them the most. You are able to create something that will actively engage a specific group of people or be "friendly" enough for a large demographic.
Post a Comment
<< Home