Christian_7_I
The section I found to be very interesting from these two chapters was the part on Designing for Multitasking. From the title, I figured it would be discussing how these days everyone seems to be doing so many things at the same time. Like when you walk on campus, very rarely do you ever see someone either A) not on their phone, B) not with an ipod, or C) a combination of the two. This section actually talked about how all web pages and computerized devices should (and for the most part could) be personalized based on user preferences. I especially found it interesting when it talked about web page layouts being tailored to individual users and changing over time. Think of how much time and effort this would save if web pages changed their own design and layout based on how the user interacted with the site. This would optimize the usability of the site. I would like to see our future head in this direction of more personalized media.
Labels: Christian Long

1 Comments:
Yeah, I think we'll probably see more and more of this in the future. For the most part, I think it will be a good thing. If we get to a "Minority Report" situation where ads recognize you and talk to you while you're walking around, then I think it might be getting a little into the creepy area.
Post a Comment
<< Home