Jacob_7_I
I think one thing we need to notice from this chapter is how Saffer defines smart applications and clever devices. These devices talk with one another (i.e. the laptop feature that talks with a traffic server about your car's speed, etc.) and are able to relate to each other.
This goes back to a concept mentioned at the beginning of class. That is: the devices and systems we design are really in the end meant to facilitate communication among humans. It is interesting to see that when we apply this same concept to inter-machine/software communications, we call those machines and software clever or smart.
Heh... I guess this would be a inner-relation (I hesitate to say metarelation): e.g. machines and software designed to relate to each other in order to ultimately facilitate human relation. I wouldn't say that it is a metarelation because it is not a relation of a relation.
i.e. H - D - D - H is what I am talking about...
where H = human
and D = some designed entity (software, hardware, etc.)
and the dashes are a line of connection
... essentially, this observation is my big idea.
Labels: Jacob Barnard

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home