Monday, February 23, 2009

Christian_6_Q

I thought the case study with Google's Gmail and Google Talk was interesting. It discussed merging these two forms of communication into one, so users wouldn't have to go elsewhere to use either. I just think it was a good idea to make two frequently used applications able to be used at the same time.

My question is, do you see any other applications being molded together like this in the near future?

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 5:04 PM, Blogger Chris Richardson said...

I think that will be quite common. Facebook has a version of an instant messenger already.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Ben Friedman said...

I like how google talk and gmail merged together, While I use aim and facebook's chat to communicate with my friend's I find gmail's chat better to communicate with classmates that I am working on a group project with because I can chat with people I have exchanged emails with and I don't have to have previously friended them or gotten their aim screename.

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Scott Loy said...

I can see it moving this way. Actually, when Facebook chat first came out I thought it was dumb, but now actually I am using it and I haven't used aim hardly at all.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Patrick said...

The Facebook chat is pretty useful. Maybe that application will merge with some sort of video chat. That seems like it might happen in the near future.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Tetta Oyama said...

I think it's the trend for everything to merge these days. I also use Yahoo Mail daily, and there is a chat feature just like in Gmail.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Jacob Barnard said...

Good Question.

Really, it seems to me, last time I looked (about 3 years ago), the idea of convergence itself seems to be overtaking everything in terms of hardware, software, and the entities that own them both.

Hardware Example: Apple + Intel
Software Example: Flash (video + code)
Ownership Example: HP + Compaq

 

Post a Comment

<< Home