Monday, February 23, 2009

Evan_6_I

If there's one chapter that I might refer back to the most, this might be it. Whenever I work on a project, the most difficult thing for me to do is working on the actual aesthetic design. I'm not as creative as I'd like to be when coming up with designs. At least this chapter will be able to guide me a bit and give me some suggestions.

I was intrigued by the "presence" interface that Saffer mentioned in the chapter, which would react to a person's presence. Dr. Dailey already mentioned one such interface on the iPhone, which dims its screen when it detects that you are talking on the phone. I can easily see this type of interface expanding to all the appliances in our homes. That way, all of the appliances in your house or even just a room would turn off if no one is in them in order to save energy.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Blogger Ben Friedman said...

I agree, I think I will especially find the wireframe mockups for websites useful as a starting point, if you can visualize how your website will look before you even open photoshop, it will give your design direction and should make the process much simpler.

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Ben Friedman said...

I agree, I think I will especially find the wireframe mockups for websites useful as a starting point, if you can visualize how your website will look before you even open photoshop, it will give your design direction and should make the process much simpler.

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Scott Loy said...

There is actually a tv that does that. It can sense whether or not there are people watching the tv because it looks for reflections of light from you eyes. So if you fall asleep watching tv it will shut down or just turn the volume down and dim the screen so as to save energy.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger James said...

Yea this will definitely become more incorporated into everyday designs as technology evolves. There's a pretty cool site that I've been on that dims the rest of the screen when you watch on of the videos.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home