Chris_6_I
Saffer states that typography is one of the most important aspects of design. It creates personality as well as clear labels for guiding a user through a site. It is wise to keep a consistent typeface to keep that personality in tact. I guess I found it interesting because I don't usually pay attention (or do not think I do) to different fonts and the personalities they convey.
Labels: Chris Richardson

5 Comments:
I have that same problem, When I'm designing something I usually go straight for verdana just because I like the way it looks, I think it's both a simple and modern sans-sarif font that's good for the web. It might however not be the best font for my design. That being said you also have to remember that the people you want to see your website probably won't have the more exotic font installed on their computer, so if you want to be sure your users can see your website then your going to have to make it readable in a font you know that they will have.
This is very true. When I visit a website that uses a font such as Comic Sans or something along those lines, I tend to think of it to be not well thought out. Anytime I have to stop and think about the font that the designer used, the interaction is disrupted, which is the exact opposite of our goal.
I think typography, again, is just one of those interchangeable elements that help to give a site its personality. I think the personality needs to be maintained regardless of whether font exists or not.
So, the question then becomes: is the sites design dependent on the font type or vice versa?
See HP's old site font.
Typography is very important I think, and I take a long time to pick a font whenever I am typing something up for design.
Jacob, I think that the typeface will rely more heavily on the overall design than the opposite. That is unless you really have a font that you must use for a design. Then the website should be developed around the font.
Post a Comment
<< Home