Evan_7_I
I think if people are able to customize their interface, it generates more interest for them in the product. Even if the look of the interface isn't the primary function of the product, I think if something is personalized, people will want to come back. As far as multitasking goes, I disagree with Saffer about the automatic spell check. I'm not so sure that would work correctly in certain situations. For example, sometimes when I'm trying to format something in Word on my own, Word decides it knows what I'm trying to do and formats it for me. Unfortunately, most of the time it is wrong. Of course, that could just be a Microsoft problmem. Until I'm convinced it could be done correctly, I'd rather just run a manual spell check.
Labels: Evan Bell

2 Comments:
I know that on my cell phone that if I use the "smart" typing feature, it wont work. It tries to figure out what you are trying to say but it is never right. I don't know why they even bother if it never gets it right. Until they can create something that will do it right then they should not even use it at all.
In regards to the spellchecking features, I think the problem lies in the algorithms they use to guesstimate what word you are wanting to type. I think they should keep track of every word, then based on the context, time of day, etc. , it will know which database to pull from.
Post a Comment
<< Home