Monday, January 26, 2009

Chris_2_I

I liked the 'Problems with Problems' section of this chapter. The author discusses that designers usually overly complicate their flawed products and rethink the whole thing. He states that 'sometimes a button problem is just a button problem.' I like that he points out that sometimes its alright to just let some things be, not to break the entire project down. I think this is how we learn to become better designers. I'm sure an employer may not totally agree with this. I usually learn the most from things that don't work as well as they should. The author stresses to find simple solutions because they can indicate much larger ones.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger $eth said...

I completely agree with your thought on learning more from things that don't work. It reminds me of video class when you turn in the first assignment and you think it was so good, but then you end up realizing you had some jump cuts or something, and then slowly over the course of the semester you start catching the bad things and replacing them with good things.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger JGeisler said...

I've had many instances where projects have flaws, such as website, video project or motion graphics projects. I definitely agree with the statement 'sometimes a button problem is just a button problem'. Over time doing projects you will learn from your past mistakes and know that you don't need to change an entire section of that project to fix the pixel that is out of place.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home