Kujo_3_I
I could not agree more with the author and his section on responsive time. Over the summer I sat in on a meeting where I had my internship at, almost the whole meeting was about how fast they could get this program to work. It was loan checking software that had to contact a bank to find a loan and also the government watch list then bring it all back with personal information and loans available along with interest... there are about twenty steps to this whole process but the user only see's three or so. When they started to talk about time it was a millisecond here and a fourth of a second there... they were trying to keep it all under three seconds if I remember right. It just goes to show you that people really are thinking about time and how much it will take a user to proform actions and have the code and server proccess them.
Labels: Michael Kujawski

1 Comments:
I had never realized that this factor was focused on so much. Its just one of those things one would not casually think about.
Post a Comment
<< Home